Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Disney's Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue



What would you do if you met a fairy? Witness the historic moment when Tinker Bell first meets a human being, and it’s not who you think.

Years before meeting Wendy and the Lost Boys, Tinker Bell met Lizzy, a little girl with a steadfast belief in the power of pixie dust and the magic land of fairies. During the fairies’ summer visit to the flowering meadows of England, two very different worlds unite for the first time and Tink develops a special bond with a curious child in need of a friend. As her fellow fairies launch a daring rescue, Tinker Bell takes a huge risk, putting her own safety and the future of all fairykind in jeopardy.

Experience Disney’s astonishing all-new movie about the true power of faith and friendship. Bursting with excitement and imagination, Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue is magical entertainment for the whole family. You might even learn to fly.


I love Tinker Bell and I found this movie extremely charming. I had never heard of it before receiving it for review (which made me wonder why? Was this released in movie theaters and I just didn't realize it? It was certainly of the quality that I would expect of a big-screen movie production) and I found it to be very entertaining and fun.

This is a "kid movie", overall, but it was also very enjoyable for me. Thus far, I believe this is my favorite of the recent Tinker Bell movies (I understand there is a new one coming, though, so maybe I'll like that one!). I loved the special bond that Tinker Bell had with Lizzy and I loved how Lizzy believed so strongly in fairies. The characters were well done and even though the story line was fairly predictable, it was still extremely enjoyable and very well done. And I loved the deleted scenes (I always do!).

I would recommend this for younger girls, but my entire family liked it very much and we can't wait for the next installment!

1 comment:

M said...

seriously wasn't this amazing? i got it for lily for xmas but broke int oit early. its' def my fave so far.

and no, these were straight to dvd. why they didn't go via theater is beyond me they would've made even more of a killing.