Recently I got some cool products and information from Lysol. Here is what they sent me:
Allergy flare-ups are often attributed to the allergens outside your front door. However, did you know that the same allergens are found on surfaces inside 75 million homes across America? According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), some of the most common indoor allergens, include dust mites, mold and household pets.
Some easy ways to reduce allergy suffering in the home include:
·Reduce Pet Dander - Decrease your exposure to pet dander by keeping your pet out of your bedroom, since this is typically the room in which people spend a majority of their time.
(The Ging stays out of our bedroom, but my goodness does she have a lot of dander! It's so sad when you fall in love with a long-haired dog!)
·Wrap Things Up - Put fabric covers over common dust mite hideouts such as pillows, mattresses and sofa cushions and wash bedding often.
·Clear the Air - Prevent pollen from entering your home by keeping windows and doors closed during peak allergy season (which is pretty much every day in Knoxville!). Air filters are also considered useful for helping clear the air of lingering allergens triggers.
·Wipe Down Surfaces- Be sure to frequently clean hard surfaces to get rid of allergens in your home. Use LYSOL Disinfecting Wipes to remove 90%of pollen particles and dust mite debris, in addition to killing 99.9% of illness-causing bacteria. Also use LYSOL Disinfectant Spray to kill the source of mold allergens on hard, non-porous surfaces.
·Avoid Mold Spores - To help reduce mold: use an air conditioner in humid climates and avoid the use of humidifiers in dry climates. Also, run the bathroom fan or open the window when showering.
·Talk to Your Doctor - It is important to talk to your doctor about whether or not allergy testing, medications, and/or other measures are recommended.
Here are the products they sent me to try out:
I'm pretty much in love with the disinfecting wipes. I used them for EVERYTHING. I cleaned my stove. I wiped down the door handles. I even cleaned my front door. I'm not kidding. These things are great! You can wipe up small spills, clean up the microwave if something boils over and get all the sludge out of your stove. Plus, they smell pretty nice (as far as cleaning products go) and they are really thick and strong. Loved these and they are in my regular product rotation from now on.
The disinfecting spray was also amazing. My absolute favorite use was to keep my trashcans smelling fresh. It worked great!
One lucky reader will win a prize pack with the items pictured above. These are full-sized products.
To win leave a comment on this blog with your email address no later than MIDNIGHT JUNE 15TH.
Receive an extra entry by linking this giveaway on Facebook or Twitter. Be sure you leave a comment with the link info!
Blog subscribers also get an extra entry! Leave me a comment to let me know you subscribe!
Winner will be notified via email. Good luck!